- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup pureed beets OR 1 tbsp beet powder
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- 3/4 cup nut milk (Try fresh young coconut milk – so sweet!)
- 1.5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/8 cup orange juice OR 1/4 tsp orange extract
- pinch of salt
- Optional: Whipped cream and chocolate shavings for topping
- Throw everything into a blender and blend.
- VIOLA! A smoothie.
- Decorate with whipped cream and chocolate shavings if you’d like.
If you’d like more of a vibrant color, use fresh or freshly roasted beets instead of beet powder, and swap 1/2 a tablespoon of cocoa powder for 1/2 teaspoon chocolate extract. Feel free to double the maple syrup for a super sweet treat!!!
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blender