.5 Tbsp ghee or coconut oil
2 Tbsp Wedo Gluten Free Green Banana Flour
1 Tbsp heavy cream, half & half, or coconut milk
.5 tsp baking powder
A sprinkle of salt
1 ceramic coffee mug, regular or oversized (preferred, 20-24 oz)
- Melt ghee or coconut oil (in mug) in the microwave on high for 10-20 seconds. Swirl melted fat to coat sides of mug (only half way up to the brim for oversized mugs).
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl until combined. Pour in to greased mug.
- Microwave mug on high for 1 minute + 15 seconds. If top is still gooey, microwave for an extra 10 seconds.
- Let rest for 1-2 minutes before turning over mug and shaking bread out. (Any more time and it will become slimey!)
- Let cool, slice, then top with your favorite spreads and sandwich fixins!
Alternatively, you can also bake this in the oven if you don’t like using the microwave! Melt fat in the mug in the oven as the oven preheats. Remove mug as soon as fat melts. Fill mug with batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. (This version will be flatter and more uniform in shape.)
- Category: Breads
- Method: Microwave (or oven, see note)