Easy, and fancy, HOT pink pasta
- 3 medium raw beets, peeled and cubed into 1/2” pieces- about two cups
- 1– 7 oz block of feta
- 2 cups medium sized pasta (fusilli, bowties, penne, ziti, etc) OR spiralize beets
- 1 tbl Oil
- 1/2–1 c pasta water, or plain water if spiralizing
- Basil (recommended but optional)
- Chopped toasted walnuts (optional) Vinegar
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 3 beets (you’ll need a spiral cutter)
- 7 oz block goat/sheep feta in brine
- Reserve 1/2–1 c pasta water
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil, chiffonaded (optional but highly recommended!)
- Toasted walnuts (optional)
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and dice beets. Add to oven safe dish and toss with olive oil. Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Make pasta.
- After 20 minutes, nestle feta in the beets, cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Drain pasta, and reserve 1/2-1 c pasta water.
- When beets are done, mix cooked pasta with beets and feta, adding pasta water as desired, the more water you add, the creamier the sauce!
- Serve and top with fresh pepper, chiffonaded basil and walnuts if you want some crunch!
- Preheat oven to 400
- Spiralize beets and toss with olive oil. Add to baking dish
- Nestle block of feta in the middle of noodles.
- Cover with lid or foil, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove covering and stir noodles and feta, add 1/8-1/4c water if desired to thin sauce
- Plate and top with cut basil, walnuts and a splash of vinegar.
You can substitute vegan feta cheese, but watch to see how it melts. Alternatively, you could mix in a salty, lemony cashew cream, like an unbaked Pepper-crusted Cashew Goat Cheese from Vegetarian Times
- Category: Main